Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Recipe Corner- Quick Recipes for the Stay At Home or hurried mom.-GLORIFIED HAMBURGER HELPER

Glorified Hamburger Helper (Believe me when you are done no one will ever know this started as hamburger helper).

Prep time:  15 minutes
Total cooking time:  Less than 30 minutes

Ingredients:

1 box Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
1 cup mild cheddar cheese
1/3 Bell Pepper ( You can put this in a food processor and liquefy to disguise from finicky children)
1/3 White Onion (You can also liquefy this with Bell Pepper so the picky little ones will never know)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Dash of salt and pepper
1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey for a lighter version)
* I also use fresh mushrooms in my version when my son isn't home because he doesn't care for mushrooms)

Follow box directions, however when browning meat I brown with green pepper/onion mixture/mushrooms and salt and pepper.  When finished I top with 1 cup of shredded mild cheddar cheese and replace lid for about 5 minutes.

This recipe passes the kid and husband test.  He HATES hamburger helper.  I made it the other night while he was at work and put leftovers in fridge for him for his dinner when he got home.  The next morning he asked me where I got the recipe because it was delicious!  I was beaming!  Happy cooking and make sure to let me know if you try this recipe and how it goes over with the family!  :)

5 comments:

  1. That sounds good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am always looking for quick meal ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! When I find something delicious AND easy I have to share! Let me know how it goes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness... I am not great with nutrition facts. Considering this is a whole meal not served with anything but a plain veggie it shouldn't be too bad for a reasonable portion. :)

    ReplyDelete